Our family loves a good story. Audio dramas are a favorite of ours for bed time, quiet time activities at home, and during road trips.
If you’re looking for some quality stories for your kids and family, consider some of our favorite audio stories for Christian kids and families.
Audio Stories for the Whole Family
- Adventures in Odyssey — AIO is a long-time favorite of ours. With hundreds of episodes, content includes various topics from Biblical stories, historical stories, moral stories, and more. All stories include some form of teaching or lesson.
- Focus on the Family Radio Theatre — These are our favorite radio theatre productions. We have enjoyed every single one of these that we’ve listened to, although some are more appropriate for much older kids and adults. Reading through the descriptions of each story should give you a pretty good idea of what stories will be right for your kids’ ages.
- Jonathan Park — These faith-building audio adventures are educational, promote Christian values and beliefs, and are really exciting. The audio quality is excellent and our kids are hooked.
- Brinkman Adventures — We first heard of the Brinkman Adventures at a conference a few years ago. With my husband growing up as a missionary kid, these adventures became a fast hit with our kids!
- Sparkle Stories — While this one isn’t a Christian-based show, my kids have been listening to Sparkle Stories for the past 4-5 years. My daughter especially enjoys listening to the Martin & Sylvia series, wholesome stories about a brother and sister and everyday family life.
Audio Stories best for ages 7 and up
- Lamplighter — Though they’ve been around for over 20 years, Lamplighter is new to our family, though they may quickly become our favorites. Not only is the audio quality fantastic, the mission of Lamplighter is to “creatively bring redemptive hope to broken lives, and compel its listeners to live life skillfully and sacrificially for the benefit of others.” And these are books and audio dramas for kids!! With character-building stories, audio retellings of Bible stories and so much more, we are really, really excited about being introduced to Lamplighters and think you’ll love them too!
- Jonathan Park — These faith-building audio adventures are educational, promote Christian values and beliefs, and are really exciting. The focus of these audio stories is to help kids defend creation from a Biblical perspective, so tons of real places and facts and discoveries are included into the stories. The audio quality is excellent and our kids are hooked.
- Hero Tales from American History — Written by Theodore Roosevelt and Henry Cabot Lodge and with sound effects added by the Raising Real Men team, these 4 CDs aim teach character to kids through the stories of America’s heroes.
- Audible (Use this link to grab two audio books for free!)
- Hero Tales (Dave & Neta Jackson)
- Christian Heroes Then & Now
Audio Stories best for ages 6 and under
- Psalty the Singing Songbook — I grew up listening to and singing Psalty songs, and now my kids are too! The website may not be appealing but the CDs are so good. Because many are Scripture set to music and others are songs of worship, I love when we get Psalty songs stuck in our head!
- Paws & Tales — Listen online for free OR if you’d prefer to watch Paws and Tales episodes, you can watch on Jelly Telly here.
- Down Gilead Lane
Does your family listen to audio dramas? Share your favorites in the comments!