Do your kids ever struggle with entitlement?
My dictionary tells me entitlement means “the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.”
While the dictionary might tell me what it means, kids all around show me.
Entitlement looks a little bit like this ::
- Pouting or sulking
- Tantrums or throwing fits
- Glaring when they don’t get their way
- Holding things tightly and not sharing
and sounds a little bit like this ::
- Well, she has it, so I get it too!
- I deserve …
- It’s not fair!!
- Give it to me!
- Why do I always have to…?
Any of that sound familiar? If so, how do we get our kids to begin thinking outside of themselves and caring for others?
I’m sharing three things on the For the Family blog that have been helping in our home. Click HERE to read what they are.