Every singly year, I have really good intentions of choosing an Advent reading plan for me and activities for the kids ahead of time, but somehow Advent always sneaks up on me.
It’s easy to feel like throwing in the towel before you even begin, but I urge you not to. You are never too late to begin.
I’ve shared favorite Advent resources every year, but this year’s list focuses on Advent ideas you can begin right now!
Advent Reading Plans for Women
- Faithful Moms’ “The One who comes for us“ :: Scripture reading plan for December
- O Come Let us Adore Him
- Waiting Here for You: An Advent Journey of Hope
Advent Reading Plans for Families
- Jelly Telly :: Along with tons of great programming for kids, Jelly Telly has six Christ-Centered kids’ cartoons as well as the whole “Why do we call it Christmas?” series. Find out more about Jelly Telly here.
- My friend Jessica, from Gather & Grow, started a new podcast — Bloomtown Faith — with 5 minute family devotions you can listen to!! This month’s is, of course, Advent focused. Find the information here.
- Truth in the Tinsel :: I love the simplicity of the printable ornaments, and there’s even a printable tree!!
- Grab the Kindle edition of the Jesus Storybook Bible and begin reading tonight. This is a favorite of my kids! (The Kindle edition is on sale right now, too!!)
- Focus on the Family’s A Countdown to Christmas is a 23-day Scripture reading plan. Each day kids will receive a new object or Bible character to create their own Nativity scene.
- Adventures in Odyssey Countdown to Christmas :: Access it through Adventures in Odyssey Club (a favorite of ours!!)
- While it’s not an Advent reading plan, I love this super cute Christmas activities printable my friend, Julie, shared on her blog last week.
What is one of your favorite Advent resources for families?