I am not an expert on all things digital, but I am a mom who has learned a few lessons the hard way and who wants to do everything she can to help protect her kids online.
Want to help protect your kids in a digital world? The links below will be incredibly helpful in educating yourself, talking with your kids, and putting safeguards in place.
Before you get lost in the waves of internet surfing,
- Do the 3 things below to help protect your kids. Do those first.
- Then you can come back and explore all of the helpful links and extra ideas.
DO THESE 3 THINGS TO HELP PROTECT YOUR KIDS
The Parent’s Guide to Protecting Your Kids in a Digital World
This page is a work in progress. Many posts will be coming out in the next few weeks, and many more links will be added soon. Make sure you bookmark, pin, or share this post so you don’t lose it and you can easily navigate back to it.
How to talk about digital dangers with your kids
- Resources to talk with your kids about their bodies and healthy sexuality
- Picture book for younger kids
- What to Say to your Kids
Setting restrictions on devices and the internet
- How to set restrictions on your iPhone & iPad
- “Guided Access” :: a parent’s guide to what it is and how to use it
- What is airdrop and the potential risk it poses to our kids
- How to set up google safe search on your devices
- How to limit YouTube content to help protect your kids
- The danger of Apps and a few you might not know enough about
- How to monitor your kids’ text threads
- How to secure your Wi-Fi network to help protect your kids online
- Some of our favorite tools to simplify restrictions and monitor your kids’ online activity
Tools to Use
- Tools to Protect your Kids Online (the Best Resources for Parents)
- Circle by Disney
- Circle GO by Disney (works in conjunction with Circle)
- Covenant Eyes
- Mobicip :: a great tool to use when you have both Apple AND Android devices in your home. Mobicip also helps filter and protect Chromebooks, a platform not many filtering services cover.
- Our Pact